Monday, November 23, 2009

Botany Joke of the Day

I offered my Plant Biology students a rare opportunity - extra-credit for botany related jokes. Some of the students pursued this with gusto, and so I have a nice list of botany jokes. Not all good, but still fun.


Why are plant capable of consuming cars?
Because they are auto-trophic.



And just for fun, a cactus from Puerto Rico (Melocactus intortus) from Guanica dry forest on the south part of the island, which was my favorite part of the trip.

7 comments:

tagskie said...

Nice blog you got here... Just droppin' by to say hi! http://www.arts-and-entertainment.info

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

Clover said...

This is really a great read for me. Thank you for publishing articles having a great insight stimulates me to check more often for new write ups. Keep posting!

Clover
www.n8fan.net

vash said...

So happy to be given a privilege to post a comment here. I really enjoyed reading your blog post.

www.joeydavila.net

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

lee woo said...

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


matreyastudios
matreyastudios.com

Leslie Lim said...

Nice post. I enjoy reading your article. I found new ideas and very good information. I will come back for the next post. Thank you.

Jasmin
www.imarksweb.org